Harassment (MGR w/ mini *HR session)
Your Role in Creating a Respectful, Harassment Free Environment
Managers play a crucial role in decreasing their company's risk of harassment claims and providing a respectful atmosphere for all employees. This workshop will focus on:
- What managers need to be aware of to prevent and correct harassment in your organization.
- Applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- The effects of discrimination and harassment in the workplace.
- How to recognize, and prevent, bullying.
- Responding to employee complaints.
- Guarding against retaliation.
- What "leading by example" actually means in a management role.
- Ways you can promote respect in your organization.
*HR Professionals who attend the Harassment Free Environment session for Managers are invited to stay and attend the mini-session from 10:30 am - 11:30 am to review additional materials included as the result of the EEOC's recently proposed guidance. We will review:
- How to create and communicate strong discrimination, harassment, and bullying policies.
- Tips and tools to assist in training your managers to prevent and correct harassment, bullying, and retaliation.
- The importance of bystander training.
- Ways to develop a systematic approach to conducting effective internal investigations, as well as common mistakes to avoid.
- Top management's role in creating a respectful company culture.
- The importance of your Mission and Values statements in creating respect in the workplace.
- Ideas on how to incorporate the issue of respect into both your management and employee training.
This program is designed for: All management personnel and HR personnel (workshop & mini-session)